I love this quote because it’s straightforward & truthful:
Anna Freud’s reminder highlights two things which can easily and quickly help us all to recover our confidence:
- Being confident is NOT a character trait, it’s an internal experience involving thinking, feeling, acting, and behaving.
- Confidence ebbs and flows according to the stories we tell ourselves about how we connect (or not) with ourselves and the world, now, in the past and in the future.
Self Esteem is a sense of being enough “enoughness” or the belief that you are worthy of respect, love and belonging.
Self Worth is how you value your self.
Confidence emerges out of healthy self esteem and self worth. They are linked but they are not the same thing.
A Workshop to help you tap into confidence from within
Jon Trevor and I facilitate a 1 Day confidence workshop which offers an interactive experience of how you build and maintain confidence by being your real self.
Previous participants have described it as fun and serious, fun and serious
What you Get
- A variety of self-empowerment practices, strategies and tools
- Greater understanding, trust and confidence in yourself
- More energy, curiosity and excitement about your own life, your plans and ambitions
Anyone over the age of 18 and the only requirement is that you are willing to have fun while learning.
Areas Covered (combining interactive practices, discussion & resources)
- What confidence is / is not (i.e. how is it different to arrogance?)
- Your personal impact (verbal & non-verbal communication)
- Understanding the link between confidence and emotions / feelings
- Understanding how your thoughts help / sabotage your self-esteem & worthiness
- Learning to build & sustain confidence
Date: Sunday 4 October 2015
for more information email me.