I offer relational supervision from a Gestalt and humanistic perspective in Birmingham to counsellors working with adults. and my supervision training was with .
My psychotherapeutic modality is Gestalt Therapy and I offer relational and creative humanistic supervision. I have a certificate in relational supervision from the Relational Academy, Cambridge. I work in private practice primarily as a Gestalt psychotherapist.
A strong commitment to supporting learning and development informs my style which is first and foremost to support supervisee’s to be who they are, authentically and with self-awareness. My job as a supervisor is therefore to offer a supervisory relationship in which the supervisee feels safe enough to understand their strengths and limitations.
I meet supervisee’s where they are in terms of their skills, capabilities, qualities and knowledge as therapists, and, together we work out areas for further learning, growth and development.
- Contact & Connection: my starting point is a dialogic relationship.
- Compassion: I work with what is happening in the moment with a deep care for understanding, accepting and supporting the way you work therapeutically.
- Self-Compassion: caring for others take a toll, it is important to me that supervision models and supports self-compassion and self-care.
- Creativity: I am committed to embodying creativity in supervision and, according to individual needs, helping supervisee’s to make the most of creativity in their practice.
- Congruence & Professionalism: In addition to working within the BACP and UKCP ethics & codes of conduct I consciously model professional excellence and respect for similarities and difference between modalities and within my own modality, Gestalt.
- Integrity: I am in supervision and maintain an active interest in personal development and learning.